From: josh <josh@×××××××××××××××.us>
To: Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] pismo powerbook install woes continue
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:28:26
1 I have gone through my attempts to install gentoo on my pismo
2 powerbook and I seem unable to figure out how to configure the
3 keyboard. I have gone back into the install and combiled kernels, but
4 I'm obviously missing some settings required for my powerbook (G3
5 pismo) and have the wrong keymap set up.
6
7 The default was "us" which left the keyboard dead on boot
8 up. Following a note in the forum I tried "no-latin1" which yields a
9 responding keyboard but not one where the keys correpsond to the
10 letters displayed - the return is somehow mapped to '8', j to l, etc.
11
12 I suspect if I could get a workable enough install I could go in and
13 fix the rest, use the online updating, etc. My scouring of the the
14 forums, yielded more info that pismo keyboards offered exceptional
15 problems but no solutions. I did try to send messages from the forum
16 to those who mentioned having problems to see if they found
17 solutions. It's an older machine now and most of the info for ppc
18 laptop installs is geared toward iBooks and the newer powerbooks.
21 Josh Kuperman
26 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list