From: Calum Selkirk <cselkirk@××××××.nl>
To: Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: pismo powerbook install woes continue
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:48:50
1 * josh [josh@×××××××××××××××.us] [2004-03-23 08:28 -0500]:
2
3 > I have gone through my attempts to install gentoo on my pismo
4 > powerbook and I seem unable to figure out how to configure the
5 > keyboard. I have gone back into the install and combiled kernels, but
6 > I'm obviously missing some settings required for my powerbook (G3
7 > pismo) and have the wrong keymap set up.
8 >
9 > The default was "us" which left the keyboard dead on boot up.
10 > Following a note in the forum I tried "no-latin1" which yields a
11 > responding keyboard but not one where the keys correpsond to the
12 > letters displayed - the return is somehow mapped to '8', j to l, etc.
13 [snip]
14
15 from the above I'd hazard a guess (though i'd place money on it this is
16 so common) and say you have CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y set when you built
17 your kernel, boot of the CD, remount your hd, set it to =n, rebuild and
18 install the new kernel and you should be right.
19
20 CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES is under "Macintosh device drivers" in the kernel
21 config.
22
23 best
24