From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: Wireless, with SSID/WEP/WPA.
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:10:27
1 David Röhr wrote:
2
3 > I've been a Debian user a long long time, and now I wanted to try out
4 > Gentoo. Been compiling for hours now, and I also got my wireless stuff
5 > working. But I have some questions.
6 >
7 > Is there no way to set stuff like SSID, WEP or WPA in some configuration
8 > file? Most of this can be done with iwconfig, but thats no joy to do on
9 > every boot. Sure, I can make my own init.d-script that fixes the
10 > problem, but isn't there already some net-configuration file that I can
11 > put in my SSID, WEP or WPA-configuration? I know both WEP an WPA isn't
12 > the most secure stuff on the planet, but I still want to use them :)
13 >
14 > Gentoo is great btw. Works nice on my Ibook2. Still wondering why some
15 > packages are masked as just for x86 though. They should work fine with
16 > ppc also. Right now I'm thinking of all the bluez-packages.
20 We're talking laptops, right?
21
22 I read somewhere and plan to test it when I finally go wireless here at home
23 is... You should disable pcmcia in the kernel and recompile it then emerge
24 pcmcia-cs. Do so apparently give you the proper wireless config files.
29 Registered Linux User Number 185956
30 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
31 Join me in chat at #linux-users on irc.freenode.net
32 This email account no longers accepts attachments or messages containing
33 html.
34 7:06pm up 81 days, 5:04, 3 users, load average: 0.12, 0.11, 0.09
38 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list