From: "David Röhr" <david@××××.se>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Wireless, with SSID/WEP/WPA.
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:34:08
1 I've been a Debian user a long long time, and now I wanted to try out
2 Gentoo. Been compiling for hours now, and I also got my wireless stuff
3 working. But I have some questions.
4
5 Is there no way to set stuff like SSID, WEP or WPA in some configuration
6 file? Most of this can be done with iwconfig, but thats no joy to do on
7 every boot. Sure, I can make my own init.d-script that fixes the
8 problem, but isn't there already some net-configuration file that I can
9 put in my SSID, WEP or WPA-configuration? I know both WEP an WPA isn't
10 the most secure stuff on the planet, but I still want to use them :)
11
12 Gentoo is great btw. Works nice on my Ibook2. Still wondering why some
13 packages are masked as just for x86 though. They should work fine with
14 ppc also. Right now I'm thinking of all the bluez-packages.
17 /d
20 ... david röhr | o_
21 .. unix systems consultant | o/ /\ Solaris, AIX, HP-UX
22 . qbranch system management | /|_, \\ and GNU/Linux Certified.
23 www.qbranch.se /
24 `
28 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list