From: "Michael Stilson Jr." <michael.stilson@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] OldWorld SCSI Machine
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:28:32
1 Hey Michael,
2
3 I am thinking that /dev/sda3 would mean you are looking to utilize
4 "s"CSI "d"evice "a", partition "3".
5
6 From my experience with hard drives, the first SCSI device is usually
7 mounted on /dev/sda, the second on /dev/sdb, etc.
8
9 Not sure if this tangent I am going off on is logical...but I am
10 thinking that SCSI cd rom on bus ID 3, would equate to
11 /dev/sdc...maybe? Or if it is the only SCSI device on the system, it
12 might just be /dev/sda.
13
14 Hope this helps. I have no hardware to test my hypothesis, sorry.
15
16 Good luck,
17
18 - michael