From: Michael Hanna <taojones@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] OldWorld SCSI Machine
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:38:34
1 Hi I'm trying to boot from the livecd-ppc-grp-1.4-cd1.iso that I burned
2 to a disc. It's in SCSI CD-ROM drive on the main SCSI bus on ID 3.
3
4 In bootX I need to put in a /dev/<id> parameter. I don't know what this
5 parameter is, so how do I find out?
6
7 I've looked through the output of bootup procedure and I've tried
8 various codes such as sda3, scsi1 but to no avail.
9
10 The bootup procedure gives me an error saying can't find device "" or
11 "<erroneous id here>" and root="" so will reboot in 180 seconds...I
12 think I'm not able to enter any commands...
13
14 Michael