From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 23:50:30
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Michael Hanselmann wrote:

> This is the 800k bootstrap partition, used by yaboot alone (at least > within Linux) and not to be formatted or mounted anywhere. On PowerPC > machines, you shouldn't create a /boot partition. Read the docs, please.
I figured it out but you really should go back and re-read my post. I did not mention /boot anywhere and YES I DID read the docs so maybe you could be a little less insulting next time? From "Second, create an Apple_Bootstrap partition by using b. It will ask for what block you want to start. Enter the number of your first free partition, followed by a p. For instance this is 2p." I already had what looked like a boot partition but I was asking here to make sure I was doing the right thing by ignoring what the docs say in my particular situation (which, as I mentioned, was a machine which already had another distro on it). Sheesh. -- A -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions Gerardo Lisboa <gerardolisboa@×××××.com>