From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:31:12

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 03:36:29PM -0400, A. Khattri wrote:
> According to mac-fdisk it appears to already have a boot partition on it. > So can I skip the creation of a boot partition and use the existing one?
> /dev/sda2 Apple_Bootstrap untitled 2048 @ 64 ( 1.0M) NewWorld bootblock
This is the 800k bootstrap partition, used by yaboot alone (at least within Linux) and not to be formatted or mounted anywhere. On PowerPC machines, you shouldn't create a /boot partition. Read the docs, please. Greets, Michael -- Gentoo Linux developer,,

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>