From: Kevin Geiss <kevin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Clock Speed (not CPU)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:23:12
1 when you ran ntp, did you tell it some servers to use? you want to find around
2 4 or 5 stratum 2 time servers to use.
3 check out this thread for more detail:
4 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=124278&highlight=ntp
5
6 ntp only posts in its log when it actually adjusts the clock.
7
8 you can also run 'ntpq -p' to see what it's doing. it will list the time
9 servers you put in the ntp.conf file, and it will put '+' and '*' in front of
10 the ones it is using to adjust the local clock.
11
12 when you run /etc/init.d/ntpd start, it will run ntpdate once using the
13 servers you specify in /etc/conf.d/ntp-client to set the clock once, then it
14 will start the ntp daemon to keep it correct after that.
15
16 you can't run ntpdate while ntpd is running.
17