From: Dan Persons <dan@×××××.com>
To: Kevin Geiss <kevin@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Clock Speed (not CPU)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:34:11
1 On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Kevin Geiss wrote:
2
3 > when you ran ntp, did you tell it some servers to use? you want to find around
4 > 4 or 5 stratum 2 time servers to use.
5 > check out this thread for more detail:
6 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=124278&highlight=ntp
7 >
8 > ntp only posts in its log when it actually adjusts the clock.
9 >
10 > you can also run 'ntpq -p' to see what it's doing. it will list the time
11 > servers you put in the ntp.conf file, and it will put '+' and '*' in front of
12 > the ones it is using to adjust the local clock.
13 >
14 > when you run /etc/init.d/ntpd start, it will run ntpdate once using the
15 > servers you specify in /etc/conf.d/ntp-client to set the clock once, then it
16 > will start the ntp daemon to keep it correct after that.
17 >
18 > you can't run ntpdate while ntpd is running.
19 >
20 Yeah I already figured all of that stuff out. My ntp servers are fine,
21 config files are fine, I've tried ntpq -p and it reports everything just
22 fine. ntp-client just uses ntpdate at startup, doesn't it?
23
24 I just talked to someone else who had the same problem though. I'm trying
25 a 2.6 kernel, supposedly that will fix this problem.
28 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list