From: matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:04:33
> OK, so I then booted from the hard drive and modified /etc/yaboot.conf > like this: > > image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3 > label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3 > root=/dev/hda4 > partition=4 > append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8@60" > read-only > > Unfortunately when I reboot from the drive this time the monitor is > not stable. Same bad screen I've been getting.
i assume you ran ybin -v after you changed yaboot.conf ? also maybe try video=radeonfb:1024x768 without the bit depth or frequency
> Here's what I'm seeing in dmesg: > vga16fb: initializing > vga16fb: mapped to 0x000a0000 > fb1: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device
i would remove vga from the kernel, its kinda useless ( at least will be once you figure the is out, right now it is being used as a fall back)
> So, why is it in a 720x400 mode?
no idea
> A couple of other questions. I'm assuming the 'p' or 'i' in the mode > names above are progressive vs. interlace? Should I be including that > in how I describe the name in yaboot.conf?
yes, i do believe that it is progressive and interlaced. you do not need to specify that in yaboot.conf