From: kahl@××××××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] X on an older PPC-based Mac Mini?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:21:17
1 I have gentoo running on two PowerMac G5s,
2 and have xorg-server-1.5 now mostly working.
3 I have two monitors on each machine --- if you have only one,
4 your xorg.conf could be much simpler (perhaps even removed?).
5 After figuring things out, I must admit that the dual-monitor set-up
6 using xrandr got much easier --- I never had time to get the
7 second monitor here connected (it is different from home),
8 and with the new scheme, I just transferred the essentials of the setup
9 from home and it worked.
10
11 I attach file for the machine I am at right now;
12 I believe the two remaining ``InputDevice'' lines in ``ServerLayout''
13 should really be removed, too.
14
15 The ``Virtual'' is only needed for xrandr (i.e., multiple monotors, or if
16 you want to rotate your single monitor).
19 Wolfram

xorg.conf application/octet-stream