From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: sean@××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xfree dying on xorg block?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:13:43
1 Just unmerge xfree, remerge xorg and remerge every app that complains
2 about being linked to xfree instead of xorg (not sure there will be
3 any).
4
5 Best regards,
6
7 Pieter Van den Abeele
10 On 10 Jun 2004, at 20:10, Sean Sullivan wrote:
11
12 > Just got my iBook back from warranty repairs, and since I wiped the
13 > drive
14 > clean before sending it out I am reinstalling Gentoo with the 2004.1
15 > disk. It
16 > is a stage 1 install, and went suprisingly smooth through bootstrap and
17 > system, but is giving me issues on xfree. I was going to install xorg,
18 > but
19 > pussed out at the last minute. I went w/out this thing for 10 days
20 > already,
21 > and didn't want any extra hassle configuring something I am not
22 > familiar
23 > with. I want my laptop back!!! :~)
24 >
25 > I started it emerging before I went to work, and it looks like it
26 > completed
27 > some of it, then died like this:
28 >
29 > !!! Error: the x11-base/xorg-x11 conflicts with another package.
30 > both can't be installed on the same system together.
31 > please use emerge --pretend to determine blockers.
32 >
33 > # emerge -p xfree
34 > [blocks B ] x11-base/xorg-x11 (from pkg x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r5)
35 > [ebuild R ] x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r5
36 >
37 > What is the deal here? I didn't ask for any xorg packages to be
38 > installed?
39 >
40 > Thanks in advance,
41 >