From: Sean Sullivan <sean@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] xfree dying on xorg block?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:09:39
1 Just got my iBook back from warranty repairs, and since I wiped the drive
2 clean before sending it out I am reinstalling Gentoo with the 2004.1 disk. It
3 is a stage 1 install, and went suprisingly smooth through bootstrap and
4 system, but is giving me issues on xfree. I was going to install xorg, but
5 pussed out at the last minute. I went w/out this thing for 10 days already,
6 and didn't want any extra hassle configuring something I am not familiar
7 with. I want my laptop back!!! :~)
8
9 I started it emerging before I went to work, and it looks like it completed
10 some of it, then died like this:
11
12 !!! Error: the x11-base/xorg-x11 conflicts with another package.
13 both can't be installed on the same system together.
14 please use emerge --pretend to determine blockers.
15
16 # emerge -p xfree
17 [blocks B ] x11-base/xorg-x11 (from pkg x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r5)
18 [ebuild R ] x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r5
19
20 What is the deal here? I didn't ask for any xorg packages to be installed?
21
22 Thanks in advance,
23
24 Sean Sullivan