From: Ben Sayer <bsayer@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] BootX problem
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:27:24
1 >I picked up a bit of the answer from a SuSE readme file. It specifies
2 >that if one gets a crc error during the boot, one should restart MacOS
3 >without extensions (hold down the shift key) and then repeat the BootX
4 >procedure. This does indeed work for me in that I get to a very different
5 >part of the installation process (keymap selection).
6
7 I found that, in addition to the above, I needed to create symlinks for /
8 usr/bin/cat, /usr/bin/cut, /usr/bin/clear, and /sbin/ifconfig to busybox
9 in the initrd image then use the new image as a ramdisk. The emerge rsync
10 is in progess now...
11
12 P.S. I found that turning virtual memory off in MacOS was what was
13 required to end the crc error--booting without extensions accomplished
14 this (and more).
15
16 --Ben