From: Ben Sayer <bsayer@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] BootX problem
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:27:24
>I picked up a bit of the answer from a SuSE readme file. It specifies >that if one gets a crc error during the boot, one should restart MacOS >without extensions (hold down the shift key) and then repeat the BootX >procedure. This does indeed work for me in that I get to a very different >part of the installation process (keymap selection).
I found that, in addition to the above, I needed to create symlinks for / usr/bin/cat, /usr/bin/cut, /usr/bin/clear, and /sbin/ifconfig to busybox in the initrd image then use the new image as a ramdisk. The emerge rsync is in progess now... P.S. I found that turning virtual memory off in MacOS was what was required to end the crc error--booting without extensions accomplished this (and more). --Ben

Subject Author
Re: [gentooppc-user] BootX problem Rob Raines <robojerk@××××××××.net>