From: Praveen C <cpraveen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Unable to boot Linux 2.4 on iBook G4
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 05:33:42
1 My experience with my previous thinkpad is that the laptop runs cooler
2 with a 2.4 kernel than 2.6. My iBook runs rather hot for a 1.2 GHz
3 processor, 46-48C even when the system is practically idle. The
4 hard-disk is particularly hot at ~50C. Hence I want to try the 2.4
5 kernel and see if it makes any difference to the heating problem.
6 praveen
7