From: Colin <signofzeta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with PowerBook G4
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:41:40
On Sep 20, 2005, at 8:40 PM, Nicholas S-A wrote:
> 1) I cannot configure ethernet (on eth0) or airport (on eth1, > wifi1, and wlan1). after running "alias eth0=sungem" and "alias > eth1=airport", "alias wifi1=airport", and "alias wlan1=airport", I > still cannot connect using net.eth0 and net.eth1, etc, config and > ifup eth0/ifup eth1. It says (I am booted into OSX now because I > cannot get mail from Gentoo, so this might be a little off): > ifconfig: eth0: device not found > or something like that. The same goes for eth1. Is there a guide > somewhere that I could read about configuring ethernet and airport > under gentoo?
Mac OS X isn't Linux, it's BSD. Thus, there are a few changes as far as networking is concerned. eth* becomes en* and sit* becomes stf* (IPv6-over-IPv4); those are the only ones I can come up with off the top of my head. So under OS X, you'll need to use "ifconfig en0" to view your first network device. Or just use "ifconfig -a" to view all of your interfaces. -- Colin

Subject Author
[gentoo-ppc-user] Nice things with the touchpad JOAN MASSICH VALL <u1048183@××××××××××.es>