From: Eric Pretorious <eric@××××××××××.net>
To: "mauricio hernàndez" <mhz@××××××.cl>, bong@×××××××××××××××.au
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] VFS: Unable to mount root fs
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:06:05
1 On Friday 13 August 2004 02:10 pm, mauricio hernàndez wrote:
2 > I know, I know, I know. There are like 20 differents posts in the Forums
3 > and Google.
4 >
5 > ...
6 >
7 > I remember I followed ALL as directed in the Handbook (except for the a
8 > couple of OldWorld stuff I had to adapt for myself but nothing regarding
9 > kernel or configs)
10
11 I had exactly the same problem yesterday!
12
13 You didn't mention that you actually *read* all the posts so I'll assume that
14 you didn't see homar's answer to loa-ash's post
15 (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=174115):
16
17 > In kernel config:
18 >
19 > Device Drivers -> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support -> Probe internal ATA/100
20 > (Kauai) first
21
22 FWIW: This is NOT mentioned in the Gentoo Linux PPC Handbook.
25 Eric P.
26 Sunnyvale, CA
29 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list