From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Comrel Accountability (Was "Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...")
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:35:57
1 I think these are valid concerns, but I also think that witnesses should be
2 required to stand by their word
3
4 As I mentioned before though, I think that could be done by having the
5 comrel member accepting their "testimony" be held responsible for:
6
7 1) Forwarding back any challenges to credibility, basically serving as a
8 go-between. This preserves the anonymity, but also allows the "accused" to
9 rebut any questionable evidence or explain anything that may have been
10 taken out of context, whether by mistake or otherwise.
11 2) If the testimony proves false and unreliable, the witness's identity can
12 be exposed. And in this case, deservedly so.
13 3) Being held responsible in the place of the witness as an incentive for
14 comrel to keep the blame where it belongs. If the testimony is sound, this
15 is a cakewalk, but if not then comrel should be incentivized to forward the
16 blame back to the bad witness.
17 4) IIRC/IMHO, its comrel's job to bring malicious witnesses to justice, and
18 if they don't its a failure of responsibility on comrel's part and they
19 should take the heat for it. If they're doing their jobs properly though,
20 passing the blame back where it belongs should be a cakewalk.
21