From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 00:39:10
1 Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016, 01:30:23 schrieb Robin H. Johnson:
2 > TL;DR: move comrel, infra, PR to Foundation.
3
4 No. For the following reasons not:
5
6 In the past the foundation trustees have shown to be fairly detached from the
7 Gentoo daily life, and as a consequence happily added known troublemakers to
8 the foundation membership list.
9 This is not a body qualified have oversight of the developer community in any
10 way.
11
12 Also, (before you came along, which is something I'm very very grateful for),
13 in the past the trustees haven't even managed to get the one thing straight
14 that they're really answering for - namely, our finances. So why should we
15 trust them with more responsibilities?
16
17 (Right now even the Foundation web page does not properly reflect the June
18 election results yet.)
19
20 We might maybe talk about this again one day if the trustees are voted for by
21 the same electorate as the council. Not the other way around.
24 > Have strict(er) application
25 > of policies to them in line with their powers.
26
27 Well, feel free to draw up the policies, but you still need people wiling to
28 do the work...
33 Andreas K. Hüttel
34 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
35 dilfridge@g.o
36 http://www.akhuettel.de/