From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Stefan Strogin (steils)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 18:25:32
1 On 5/11/19 5:39 AM, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Tue, 7 May 2019 22:53:44 +0300
3 > Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Good morning/evening everyone,
6 >>
7 >> It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer.
8 >>
9 >> Stefan is joining us from Kiev, Ukraine.
10 >>
11 >> He has been working on LibreSSL porting (and will continue his work as an
12 >> official developer). Here is how he describes himself:
13 >>
14 >> "Born in Moscow, moved to Kiev three years ago.
15 >> My hobbies (some of them) are: free and open source software, music, guitar,
16 >> D&D, classic computer games, pre-reform Russian orthography, election
17 >> monitoring.
18 >> I like programming since childhood, my favourite language is C. While
19 >> working
20 >> on Gentoo I hope to learn something new, improve my technical skills and
21 >> contribute more to the open source software overall upstreaming patches when
22 >> possible."
23 >>
24 >> Please give him a warm welcome!
25 >
26 > Come on, guys! I had the pleasure of meeting steils at FOSDEM, where he
27 > continuously prodded me until I agreed to mentor him. I did what I
28 > could but I have to also thank b-man for doing much of the work.
29 >
30 > steils is now the newest member of the games team, which is awesome. :)
33 Welcome aboard Stefan. Thanks for your contribution to libressl!
36 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
37 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
38 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
39 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
40 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA