From: Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fundraising for incremental service level
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 23:45:04
1 Thanks for your feedback Rich.
2 Your info gave me another idea.
3 But this discussion is now more for my personal curiosity than for making
4 something really happen immediately.
5
6 Just hypothetically, if everybody agrees for it, would this technically work
7 for Gentoo Foundation to collect donations for specific purpose? Is there a
8 possibility to have "purpose" metadata in donations? I suppose a fallback
9 technical option would be to have a separate bank account or something.
10
11 Then, Foundation could represent Gentoo during fundraising, and then most of
12 the original scheme would still apply.