From: Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fundraising for incremental service level
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 23:57:05
1 On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 12:45:01AM +0100, Andrey Utkin wrote:
2 > Just hypothetically, if everybody agrees for it, would this technically work
3 > for Gentoo Foundation to collect donations for specific purpose? Is there a
4 > possibility to have "purpose" metadata in donations? I suppose a fallback
5 > technical option would be to have a separate bank account or something.
6 >
7 > Then, Foundation could represent Gentoo during fundraising, and then most of
8 > the original scheme would still apply.
9
10 Argh. I confused everything.
11
12 Foundation should be able to represent Gentoo during fundraising on
13 crowdsourcing platform anyway. Am I right?
14
15 Purpose-specific donations distinguishing may be useful to kind of "allocate
16 budgets", but that's far from my idea.