From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Alexander Berntsen (bernalex)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:49:11
1 04.02.2014 23:47, Donnie Berkholz пишет:
2 > On 18:57 Wed 29 Jan , justin wrote:
3 >> He is joining us as staffer (for now, let's see what the future brings)
4 >> to work on portage (the PM) development, where he already contributed code.
5 >
6 > Anyone else think it ironic that we call actual developers "staffers"
7 > while ebuild maintainers qualify as "developers"?
8 >
9 > Note that I am arguing more for classifying the former as the latter
10 > than vice versa.
13 I do not think so. Staffer can be designer, doc translator etc. Ebuild
14 maintainance requires programming skill(at basic level, yes, but still).
15
16 That's consistent terminology in Gentoo development, that existed for
17 years, and i do not see some obvious reason to change it.
18
19 'staffer' do not have access to gx-86, 'developer' has.
20 Regarding distribution itself(as we know, base for Gentoo is a set of
21 ebuilds, called portage tree, that contains in gx86) it is quite right
22 terminology.
26 Best regards, Sergey Popov
27 Gentoo developer
28 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
29 Gentoo Qt project lead
30 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead