From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Hiding problems, breach of Gentoo Social Contract
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 08:18:20
1 On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Friday 02 Dec 2016 00:59:27, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote :
5 > > I have read this a few times now. I cannot see it being taken any other
6 > way
7 > > than written. Nothing states the problems shall remain hidden
8 > indefinitely.
9 > >
10 > > Specifically mentioning BOTH security and developer relations. Meaning
11 > neither
12 > > receives special treatment over the other. Neither should be private,
13 > unless
14 > > requested to not publicize before a deadline. Implying by default it is
15 > public
16 > > including developer relations information. Developer bugs remain
17 > visible, as
18 > > are bugs filed to comrel.
19 > >
20 > > The fact that it mentions developer relations information implies that
21 > those
22 > > problems should be open and not hidden. That developer relations is also
23 > > handled via Bugzilla at least in part. That further links developer
24 > relations
25 > > problems to the social contract and not hiding problems there.
26 > >
27 > > If requests to publicize problems are denied. That seems like a clear
28 > breach
29 > > of the Social Contract. I would expect the Foundation to fulfill its
30 > obligation
31 > > to protect the community and enforce total adherence to the Gentoo Social
32 > > Contract.
33 > >
34 > > "We will not hide problems
35 > > We will keep our bug report database open for public view at all times;
36 > > reports that users file online will immediately become visible to others.
37 > >
38 > > Exceptions are made when we receive security-related or developer
39 > relations
40 > > information with the request not to publicize before a certain deadline."
41 > >
42 > > https://www.gentoo.org/get-started/philosophy/social-contract.html
43 > >
44 > > --
45 > > William L. Thomson Jr.
46 >
47 > William
48 >
49 > I would suggest you to get off the computer for a while and go out to
50 > gallivant
51 > a bit with other human beings. I mean it seriously.
52 >
53 > On a side note, I am considering unsubscribing from this mailing list
54 > because
55 > the level of discussions taking place here is getting close to 0. You have
56 > managed to take over this mailing list, which by now should be renamed
57 > "gentoo-rants-and-complains". We are not reading about future projects of
58 > Gentoo on this ML these days but rather people's feelings: Bob said
59 > something
60 > to Alice and Alice started crying.
63 It wasn't Bob.
64
65 It was actually a message by Eve that she forged because she's madly
66 jealous and wanted him to break up with Alice so she could have him for
67 herself.
68
69 This of course was after Eve got blackmailed by the NSA into becoming an
70 informant because the feds really wanted to investigate Bob's possible ties
71 to terrorism on account of his vacation to the bahamas last year.
72
73 And then of course it just turns out Bob just Disapparated there by mistake
74 after getting some bad magic lessons from Neville Longbottom, who is Donald
75 Trump's newest Secretary of Magic, the nomaj's presidential liaison to the
76 MACUSA delegation.