From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 23:02:33
1 On 12/05/2017 11:41 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 12/05/2017 11:37 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> Honestly, I'm not really a big fan of even on-topic posts from people
4 >> who have caused a lot of harm to others in private. I'm not sure
5 >> which is the lesser evil but do we really want a community where we
6 >> tolerate absolutely any kind of abuse of other members?
7 >
8 > We do not, but that presumes actual abuse has been demonstrated.
9 > "spamming the mailing list", where the posts are regarding Gentoo, isn't
10 > automatically abuse because some people are uncomfortable about the
11 > information being presented, or they disagree with it.
14 This whole email thread is actually one of the examples of where split
15 lists is a bad thing, the original message was cross-posted between
16 gentoo-project and gentoo-dev with a reply-to for gentoo-dev. Resulting
17 in split discussions across the lists. The overall discussion should've
18 been in -project to begin with.
21 Kristian Fiskerstrand
22 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
23 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3