From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Status update of Sunrise project?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:13:30
1 On Sunday 12 April 2015 12:04:08 hasufell wrote:
2 > On 04/12/2015 12:02 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 12 April 2015 11:59:09 hasufell wrote:
4 > >> On 04/11/2015 01:54 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > >>> 1. What does proxy-maintainers lack in comparison to sunrise
6 > >>> exclusively. The immediate question is whether sunrise should be
7 > >>> migrated to proxy-maintainers, so this specific comparison is
8 > >>> important.
9 > >>
10 > >> proxy-maintainers lack:
11 > >> 1. a repository with a usable VCS
12 > >> 2. an actual review workflow... @proxy-maintainers are just some sort of
13 > >> backup committers. it's not a hub for contributors to gather, discuss,
14 > >> get reviews and improve skills
15 > >> 3. means to ensure the tree doesn't break
16 > >> 4. actively look for and educate potential developers, even before the
17 > >> recruitment process
18 > >
19 > > Oh my.
20 > >
21 > > Can you please stop being such a drama queen and accept reality every now
22 > > and then?
23 >
24 > I am unable to see how that contributes anything to the discussion.
25 > Could you please stay on the factual level?
26
27 So.
28
29 (1) is a completely subjective opinion
30 (2) is kinda ... like ... your opinion, if you were actually involved with
31 proxy-maint you'd know better
32 (3) uhm what? That is just absurd speculation without a factual base in our
33 common shared reality
34 (4) That's, like, your opinion, maaan.
35
36 If you actually spent time near proxy-maint, or in #gentoo-dev-help, or
37 basically anywhere where you'd interact with people, you'd not have these
38 absurd fantasies about stuff.
39
40 So I suggest you can try to do some proper fact finding first :)
41
42 ... and then we could even try having a constructive discussion. That'd be,
43 like, AAAWESOOME.
46 > >> So it should, if at all, be the other way around: dissolve
47 > >> proxy-maintainers, fix the sunrise workflow and make it the contribution
48 > >> hub again it once was. But I'm not actually advocating for that. I think
49 > >> the sunrise concept doesn't work anymore.
50 > >
51 > > proxy-maint is the least broken process we have. Unless you have
52 > > constructive criticism I don't see why you waste time whining about
53 > > everything.
54 > You have obviously not read the whole email. I did offer an alternative
55 > solution. Please read the whole text.
56
57 Mhhh yes. No. Thanks for playing.
58 (Are you trying to get me drunk? Because that's how you get me drunk ...)