From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:49:45
1 On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > That would be solved by my proposal, potentially, but it is purely
4 > vaporware now...
7 Well, not entirely vaporware - apparently others have investigated this further:
8
9 http://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/notes/crypto/voting.xhtml
10
11 My proposal would be method 1. Receipts could be viewed as a feature
12 or a bug depending on your perspective - for Gentoo it probably isn't
13 a big deal since nobody cares that much how we vote, and we have them
14 today.
15
16 What I couldn't find was any actual implementations. That sounds like
17 an interesting project.
18
19 I did spot Helios online, which seems to be a usable implementation
20 already. This does not use the algorithm above as far as I can tell
21 on first glance, but purports to solve the same basic problems. That
22 is probably worth a close examination as the project seems to be a
23 fairly serious one.
24
25 Rich