From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:16:50
1 On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Manuel Rüger <mrueg@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > On 07/17/2014 03:16 PM, hasufell wrote:
6 >> Why is there any mapping between id and developer name (or why have
7 >> the election officials access to this mapping... by definition it's
8 >> already a non-anonymous election then)?
11 > That's a valid point. Can an election official reply to it, please?
12 >
13 > This is not meant in an offensive way, I'd just like to understand the
14 > workflow of the election.
15
16 Probably worth noting that even if we keep election officials blind,
17 Infra will still have access by virtue of having root on the
18 directories containing the ballots.
19
20 That would be solved by my proposal, potentially, but it is purely
21 vaporware now...
22
23 Rich