From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 15:06:53
1 On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM, Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
2 > after last bunch of mails and internal complains I decided it is time to do
3 > something proactive.
4
5 I have to applaud the effort but I unfortunately have to warn you that
6 you are fighting windmills here. The core of the problem is that rules
7 are useless long-term if nobody enforces them. That takes somebody
8 with enough balls to make the bold moves. I am typically that person
9 at devrel but both because it's getting old and (to put it mildly) I'm
10 not very supported in that approach I mostly gave up. The other thing
11 is I used to do a lot of pro-active work trying to keep people in
12 check. I took so much heat that I mostly gave that up too. It also
13 takes an enormous amount of time.
14
15 Bottom line is, and I'm weighing my words very carefully after years
16 of seeing all this from the inside: nobody cares enough.
17
18 Denis.