From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 17:05:16
1 Am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013, 17:06:07 schrieb Denis Dupeyron:
2 >
3 > Bottom line is, and I'm weighing my words very carefully after years
4 > of seeing all this from the inside: nobody cares enough.
7 Well... Let's put it like this.
8
9 Sometime a while ago an oldtimer dev attacked a newbie dev on IRC, basically
10 just because the newbie did his job properly, and this would have resulted in
11 additional work for the oldtimer.
12
13 I took the liberty of telling the old guy to stfu and not interfere.
14
15 Immediately, several others, who had not followed the issue at all, started
16 directing comments at me, telling me I was wrong. To my immense amusement,
17 they then gave emphasized statements how things should be done, and that was
18 exactly how the *newbie* did it!
19
20 Now, I dont care that much anymore. However, I would suggest... If we do
21 update our code of conduct we should make one thing very clear in the code of
22 conduct or devrel guidelines or whatever: Independent of how many thousands of
23 commits on g-x86 you did or do,
24
25 Noone in gentoo is irreplaceable enough to justify gross misbehaviour.
29 Andreas K. Huettel
30 Gentoo Linux developer
31 dilfridge@g.o
32 http://www.akhuettel.de/