From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo conflicts and leadership
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 21:15:00
1 On 01/05/2017 03:07 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > What is the alternative, giving a lot of voting power to people who
4 > aren't developers? Suppose we do that. Suppose the larger community
5 > uses their voting power to pass a policy that they want but which
6 > developers don't want. Well, the developers will probably react by
7 > spending their time doing other things, since nobody is forcing them
8 > to contribute anything. Suddenly the community has shot itself in the
9 > foot.
12 I'd hope that the Trustees / Council could Veto things like that.
16 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)