From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 01:12:54
1 I would like to repeat for emphasis that there is already a conflict of
2 interest policy that forbids proctors (userrel and devrel) from also
3 being council members.
4
5 I remember this issue coming up during the dev quiz I'm working
6 on...and admittedly while I was slow enough that things changed, I do
7 remember reading the documentation and I clearly remember the line
8 about proctors not being allowed to have a conflict of interest by also
9 having a seat on the council.
10
11 Since comrel was made by the union of userrel and devrel, wouldn't
12 comrel "inherit" the policy that applied to the parts it was made of?
13
14 My impression is that if the policy no longer exists, its only because
15 it got lost in the shuffle of paperwork that created comrel.