From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: dilfridge@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:41:56
1 Andreas K. Huettel:
2 > Am Dienstag 17 Juni 2014, 09:55:29 schrieb Chris Reffett:
3 >>
4 >> I nominate (no particular order, all are technically nominated already but
5 >> wanted to add my specific nominations anyway):
6 > (...)
7 >> -dilfridge
8 >
9 > Thanks Chris. I accept the nomination.
10 >
11 > (I guess whose nomination I accept does not matter. :)
12 >
13 > More over the next days.
16 From what I see you are on both council and comrel. I think that is a
17 conflict of interest.
18
19 Council and ComRel should check on each other. If someone is member of
20 both, then it is likely that he will avoid acting against either party
21 even if it necessary.
22
23 Some worst case scenarios:
24 * you have a problem with a council member => you go to ComRel in need
25 of help
26 * you have a problem with a ComRel member => you go to council, because
27 going to ComRel isn't necessarily an option (e.g. the person is the
28 ComRel lead or you think that ComRel isn't in a functional state)
29 * If someone is on both parties and you got a problem with him, then the
30 situation is delicate and checks and balances are likely to fail
31
32 This isn't a personal thing with you. I just think it's a flaw in the
33 system and even if I trust you to be able to handle it... it should
34 still not be allowed, IMO.