From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items, council meeting Mar 12
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:41:53
1 On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 07:16:45PM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Right, there are many paths to insanity there. That's why we should get
3 > rid of the whole thing altogether.
4
5 I am strongly with ulm on this, we should get rid of $Id$ expansion
6 altogether, especially since there is a way to generate the hashes that
7 $Id$ would create from the command line.
8
9 If folks want to use the hashes in a work flow some how they can, but
10 they definitely do not belong in the ebuilds.
11
12 William