From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Extending Social Contract to guarantee that Gentoo will remain volunteer work
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:29:20
1 On 2017-01-26 10:41, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > This makes no sense.
3 >
4 > On Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:03:17 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > [discussion intended at -nfp, CC-ing -project]
6 > > [Bunch of points.]
7 >
8 > [Bunch of counterpoints.]
9
10 I share the sentiment of Mr. Thomson.
11
12 I think it should be acceptable, and encouraged, for individuals,
13 corporations, and government to fund the advancement or improvement of
14 Gentoo either as a whole or in a specific area.
15
16 What I believe we should promise – and believe we currently promise – is that:
17
18 Gentoo will always be free and open to contributions of work or
19 funding, and free and open for use.
20
21 I don’t think there is any real concern or evidence that an individual’s
22 paid work will significantly interfere with an individual’s unpaid work
23 any more than it does now with both individual’s unpaid work.