From: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Official rsync->git mirror & 'Git mirror' project announcement
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:23:24
1 Congratulations! This is huge! Michal and Sven and everyone who did this
2 == awesome ppl
3
4 Cheers!
5 Seemant
6
7 seemantk empathic design
8 http://seemantk.com
9 On Jan 26, 2015 12:12 PM, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
10
11 > Hello, everyone.
12 >
13 > I have the pleasure to announce that the official rsync2git mirror is
14 > up and running [1] thanks to Sven Wegener. It is updated from rsync
15 > every 30 minutes, and can be used both to sync your local Gentoo
16 > installs and to submit improvements via pull requests (see README [2]
17 > for some details).
18 >
19 > At the same time, I have established the 'Git Mirror' [3] project which
20 > welcomes developers willing to help reviewing the pull requests
21 > and helping those improvements reach package maintainers.
22 >
23 > For users, this means that we now have a fairly efficient syncing
24 > method and a pull request-based workflow for submitting fixes.
25 > The auto-synced repository can also make proxy-maint workflow easier.
26 >
27 > For developers, this either means:
28 >
29 > a. if you want to help us, join the team, watch the pull requests.
30 > CC maintainers when appropriate, review, even work towards merging
31 > the changes with approval of the maintainers,
32 >
33 > b. if you want to support git users, just wait till we CC you and then
34 > review, help, merge :),
35 >
36 > c. if you don't want to support git users, just ignore the repo. We'll
37 > bother you directly after the changes are reviewed and ready :).
38 >
39 > [1]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-portage-rsync-mirror
40 > [2]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-portage-rsync-mirror#README
41 > [3]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Git_mirror