From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation Membership Recording Date
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 19:25:55
1 On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:37 AM David Abbott <dabbott@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:32 AM David Abbott <dabbott@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:27 AM David Abbott <dabbott@g.o> wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > The Gentoo Foundation Inc. trustees determined that the recoding date
8 > > > for the 2014 Trustee election will be 23 June 2018.
9 > > >
10 > > > Trustees are selected by a ballot of Foundation members. Only
11 > > > Foundation members may stand for election.
12 This is still wrong, bylaws were updated;
13
14 Trustees are selected by a ballot of Foundation members. Only
15 Foundation members that are also Gentoo developers may stand for election.
16
17 > > >
18 > > > Membership is open to anyone supporting Gentoo. See http://www.gentoo.o
19 > > > rg/foundation/en/BylawsAdopted.xml Section 4.3. Admission of Members
20 > > >
21 > > > To take an active role in the affairs of the Gentoo Foundation Inc. in
22 > > > the next year, you need to apply for membership before 23 June.
23 > > >
24 > > > If you were member but did not vote in the last two elections you may
25 > > > need to reapply, see https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Member_Lis
26 > > > t
27 > > >
28 > > > Please reply to trustees@g.o.
29 > > >
30 > > > --
31 > > > David Abbott (dabbott)
32 > > > Gentoo Foundation Secretary
33 > > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/
34 > > > Key fingerprint = C820 FC52 BE58 1AFA 4D74 EB6B 719F B3E2 F01C 4ACC
35 > > >
36 > >
37 > > Noticed I had a couple bad links;
38 > >
39 > > Current member list, https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Member_List
40 > >
41 > > Current ByLaws, https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Bylaws
42 > >
43 > > Regards
44 > > --
45 > > David Abbott (dabbott)
46 > > Gentoo Foundation Secretary
47 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/
48 >
49 > Boy I really messed that up, let me try again;
50 >
51 > The Gentoo Foundation Inc. trustees determined that the recoding date
52 > for the 2018 Trustee election will be 23 June 2018.
53 >
54 > Trustees are selected by a ballot of Foundation members. Only
55 > Foundation members may stand for election.
56 >
57 > Membership is open to anyone supporting Gentoo. See
58 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:BylawsSection 4.3. Admission
59 > of Members
60 >
61 > To take an active role in the affairs of the Gentoo Foundation Inc. in
62 > the next year, you need to apply for membership before 23 June.
63 >
64 > If you were member but did not vote in the last two elections you may
65 > need to reapply, see
66 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Member_List
67 >
68 > Please reply to trustees@g.o.