From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation - 1.0 reply
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:23:18
1 On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:07:45 AM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > However, I think we need to decide as a community whether:
4 > 1. We're mainly a bunch of people working on a linux distro that
5 > happens to need some kind of legal side to it to pay the bills of
6 > running servers and holding IP so that somebody doesn't try to take
7 > them away from us.
8 > or
9 > 2. We're mainly a non-profit Foundation that happens to produce a linux
10 > distro.
11
12 I like to put it as,
13
14 1. Professional organization working on producing a top notch solutions.
15
16 2. Bunch of techies working on some niche tech that is not mainstream and not
17 seen or run as a professional organization.
20 William L. Thomson Jr.