From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:29:02
1 A developer should always be able to say "no vote because I'm too busy
2 coding and don't give a rat's ass about foundation politics" in a trustee
3 election.
4
5 I am wary of putting more burdens on a developer than they are prepared
6 for, and I oppose requiring developers to be foundation members or vice
7 versa or staff or vice versa.
8
9 This is why any requirements common to dev/staff/foundmember should be
10 moved to a base role called "supporter" or something, and anything that is
11 common (CoC agreement and adherance for example) should be consolidated
12 into a common baseline, and then we can tack on whatever specifics might
13 apply to the role in question, which will probably vary between
14 staff/dev/foundmember.
15
16 On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:03 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt-ml@××××××.com>