From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:52:16
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:34:00 AM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > While it is true that the Foundation is the owner of a lot of Gentoo
4 > infra and the Gentoo trademark (at least in the US), Gentoo is more
5 > than a trademark and a couple of servers.
6
7 Make that argument to the IRS...
8
9 Governments do not care, you either comply, or they take action. The extent of
10 the action they can take. I would not want to find out. Seeing what the IRS can
11 do to individuals. I can only imagine an entity...
12
13 Go talk to someone who has been audited and had the IRS mandate things as a
14 result. It is NOT pretty!!! You get NO say!!! Good luck taking it to any
15 court, the IRS most always will win.
18 William L. Thomson Jr.