From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:56:49
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:52 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:34:00 AM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>
5 >> While it is true that the Foundation is the owner of a lot of Gentoo
6 >> infra and the Gentoo trademark (at least in the US), Gentoo is more
7 >> than a trademark and a couple of servers.
8 >
9 > Make that argument to the IRS...
10 >
11 > Governments do not care, you either comply, or they take action. The extent of
12 > the action they can take. I would not want to find out. Seeing what the IRS can
13 > do to individuals. I can only imagine an entity...
16 Nobody said that the paperwork was unimportant. In fact, I pointed
17 out the fact that we're having trouble getting it right earlier today.
20 Rich