From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 21:06:57
1 On 01/04/2017 09:00 PM, Alice Ferrazzi wrote:
2
3 > On January 5, 2017 2:58:26 AM GMT+09:00, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
7 >> E.g [Debian] has the following requirement: "To maintain the strong Web
8 >> of Trust that connects all Debian Developers, Applicants need to
9 >> identify themselves by providing an OpenPGP key that is signed by at
10 >> least two official Developers. To further ensure their identity,
11 >> signatures by other people (who do not need to be DDs, but should be
12 >> well connected in the overall Web of Trust) are strongly recommended."
15 > Debian can work with Web of Trust because of the annual Debconf and/or some local Debian meeting.
16 > I think Gentoo approaches and objectives are different.
17 > Gentoo is looking more at the technical skill of the person, not at how much is well connected.
18 > imho
21 This sounds like we need more Gentoo events, I know you're working on it :)
25 Kristian Fiskerstrand
26 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
27 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3