From: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Sterrett <michael@×××××××××.net>, games@g.o
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:17:57
1 On 31 July 2014 11:03, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
4 > This is the obvious answer to the question. I wonder why we're even
5 > discussing it. Unless actions by $team conflict with our rules and/or
6 > actions with other teams, issues within $team are to be solved from
7 > within $team.
8 >
9 > On the matter of calling for elections, since every project must hold
10 > elections every year per GLEP 39, it's legitimate for the council to
11 > call for an election when it doesn't happen. No need for anybody to
12 > join the project and call for it.
16 +1 to this. Makes sense.
19 > If the current and previous councils
20 > had been doing their job as they should have, instead of flooding
21 > mailing lists, we wouldn't be in that situation today.
24 "Jigga-what" to this. The current council just started. This is their
25 first go-around. Let's hold off on the criticizing and let them work
26 things out.
29 Thanks,
30
31 Seemant