From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:48:23
1 On 08/01/2014 04:17 AM, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 >
3 > On 31 July 2014 11:03, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o
4 > <mailto:calchan@g.o>> wrote:
7 > This is the obvious answer to the question. I wonder why we're even
8 > discussing it. Unless actions by $team conflict with our rules and/or
9 > actions with other teams, issues within $team are to be solved from
10 > within $team.
11 >
12 > On the matter of calling for elections, since every project must hold
13 > elections every year per GLEP 39, it's legitimate for the council to
14 > call for an election when it doesn't happen. No need for anybody to
15 > join the project and call for it.
19 > +1 to this. Makes sense.
20 The issues described extend beyond the confines of the games team. If I
21 add a new game package, they will forcibly change the ebuild to be how
22 they want. GLEP 39 does not provide for this sort of authority.