From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: separate /usr preparation vote
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 00:47:00
1 On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > Also #4 is still blocked, that to me would seem that we are not ready.
3
4 I don't think that the council necessarily HAS to delay if there are
5 blockers, but obviously they should be taken into consideration.
6
7 Does a genkernel initramfs support nfs-mounting /usr? It appears that
8 Dracut at least does not at present unless root is also
9 network-mounted. The rd.neednet option doesn't seem to be working,
10 but I'm not sure if the issue is with that option or if networking is
11 just broken in general in the configuration I'm testing...
12
13 Rich