From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:00:05
1 On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > Right, anyone can nominate. However, if someone is nominating everyone
3 > who is eligible (with the exception of one developer), then I would
4 > see this as a clear abuse of the rule.
5
6 The rule is very simple: anyone can nominate anyone. There are no
7 implicit or explicit limits. There is nothing to be abused here,
8 that's what's clear. You're just trying to blow this out of
9 proportion.
10
11 There are only two sane ways to deal with such an email. Either you
12 consider this is the deed of an immature prankster and you just ignore
13 it. Or you consider that, in some way, it is an unexpected improvement
14 to the democratic process of our council elections, giving a chance to
15 some quiet developers who wouldn't dare nominating themselves and who
16 also don't bombard the mailing lists in order to occupy the media
17 space.
18
19 In any case, this kind of knee jerk reaction is not appropriate. Nor
20 is a comrel bug. I was expecting much better from such an experienced
21 developer as you, and a current council member on top of that.
22
23 Denis.