From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:30:34
1 >>>>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Jorge Manuel B S Vicetto wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 15 Jun 2014, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <wk@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> For good measure, I'd like to nominate these guys:
7 >>
8 >> To avoid any "legal technicalities" do these nominations actually
9 >> count? The announcement said "anyone can nominate" but I'm not
10 >> sure if this was intended to be limited to current devs. I don't
11 >> think it really matters since devs can always nominate themselves,
12 >> but I'd hate to see somebody accept and then get called out on it.
13
14 > Our rules are very clear: anyone can nominate and it's ok to
15 > nominate oneself.
16 > However, they also state that nominations must be accepted. So only
17 > the nominees that accept will be running for the election.
18
19 Right, anyone can nominate. However, if someone is nominating everyone
20 who is eligible (with the exception of one developer), then I would
21 see this as a clear abuse of the rule.
22
23 So, to make sure if I understand this right, you do consider these
24 nominations as valid?
25
26 Ulrich