From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 22:54:47
1 On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > So emails went unanswered and users appeared to be ignored for this
4 > period?
5 > Comrel, like council, trustees, infra, security, QA et al. are all projects
6 > that cannot be permitted to become inactive.
9 Certainly. That would be like not renewing the corporate
10 registration, failing to file taxes in a timely manner, or having poor
11 financial records. :)
12
13 The problem is that I've yet to hear an adequate solution for "not
14 permitting" these sorts of projects to become inactive. They're
15 volunteer efforts. They're active when people choose to make them
16 active, but due to their nature it isn't like anybody can just step in
17 and fill the roles.
18
19 In any case, let's start with the ideas we have so far. As with
20 anything we need to work with what we have. We can all point to the
21 things we don't like, but that won't fix them.
24 Rich