From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] glep-0076: add clarification about the sign-off requirements
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 15:15:24
1 On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 11:08 AM Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > So what is the tl;dr of this? We stay with the complete chain of s-o-b
4 > lines, but keep the strict real name requirement only for the final
5 > committer?
8 That is my sense of it (which I spelled out a bit more in my prior
9 email), but I really don't have a strong opinion on the real name for
10 outside contributors. Having it reduces risk, but I'm not sure it
11 makes sense considering the type of org we are, and what we'd give up
12 vs what we get. As others have said pseudonyms usually are legal and
13 it isn't like we're checking passports even for the real names. I'm
14 not sure if we have any numbers on how many are impacted, but I'm
15 sympathetic.
16
17 I guess we could always ask people to at least use the real-name
18 generator instead of the scifi-name generator to come up with them, if
19 Rachael Lincoln sounds better than CommanderSkyshadow328.
22 Rich